Thursday, August 17, 2006

Trek to Roopkund - The mystry lake ( 12th August to 18 August 2006 )

Trek to Roopkund

Hello friendzzzz,

So here I am attempting to write up my first ever blog !! Please wish me loads and loads of luck.

Preparing for Trek

I always wanted to go to the upper Himalayas. Hence after lots of research and advice from friends, I finally managed to zero on Roopkund. Although, after reading through the comments from friends at Orkut, I realised that this will be a difficult trek as all of them gave the impression that it a high altitude trek and a difficult one. But, then me, being a pahadi guy had to venture out and take the challenge.So finally, after hectic rounds of discussion with my boss, I finally got the leave for the entire week of 14th to 18th August, phew that was difficult !!!
This was a high altitude trip, which meant that I also had to arrange for the equipment. Hence, I checked at Orkut and then finally hired Sleeping bags, rucksack and carrimat from India Mountaineering Federation (IMF) for which I had to deposit Rs 8,500. The daily hire charges are very cheap at around Rs 15-20 per day. For those who do not know, IMF is right on a narrow road which head upwards near the main South Campus gate.


Day 1( Haldwani to Lohajung):

Day 2( Lohajung to Bedni Bugyal):

Day 3(Bedni Bugyal to Kurmotolli Bugyal):

Day 4(Kurmotolli Bugyal to Roopkund and back):

Day 5(Kurmotolli Bugyal to Lohajung):

2 comments:

Prashant Joshi said...

Hiii Kamal,
Prashant here. it reminded me of the fun we had during those awesome four days :-)

Anonymous said...

kandpal-jyu:

if ever i make it to roopkund - thou shalt be a big part of it. thx for the inspiration, thx for the awesome narrative. cheers!!!

CT, USA